Improve your comprehension, grow your vocabulary and spark your imagination with these Latin fables!
A classic collection well-known and captivating fables for Latin learners of all ages.
Decoding Latin: Ademar’s Fables of Aesop is designed to give students from beginner to intermediate level a sense of achievement, and, more importantly - enjoyment! With careful translation and the unique Decoding Method layout, these stories will entertain you while giving you a feeling of progress in Latin.
What does this book give you?
- 67 classic Latin fables, including the crafty fox, the mouse and the lion, and many others- making reading fun, while you learn a wide range of new vocabulary
- Running text translations, meaning you can read the Latin and the English in one go, understanding it just like English – so you’re never stuck, and never have to pause!
- Authentic sentences and vocabulary, so you can become accustomed to the vocabulary and structures of Latin.
- Pleasure! It's much easier to learn a new language when you're having fun, and research shows that if you're enjoying reading in a foreign language, you won't experience the usual feelings of frustration - 'It's too hard!' 'I don't understand!'
- Translation by phrases, so you learn new structures naturally, in a stress-free way
As a result, you will be able to focus on enjoying reading, delighting in your improved range of vocabulary and grasp of the language, without ever feeling overwhelmed or frustrated. Decoding Latin: Ademar’s Fables of Aesop gives you an education in real Latin that you won’t find anywhere else. You’ll be better prepared for using Latin in the real world to read texts naturally and easily and with more confidence, and take a giant leap towards fluency in Latin! From start to finish, Decoding Latin: Ademar’s Fables of Aesop will make learning Latin easy and enjoyable.